FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
Northside Elementary FAQ’s
- Breakfast is offered in the cafeteria from 7:32 AM to 7:50 AM. Breakfast will be free to all students this year.
- The cost will be deducted from your child’s individual lunch account.
- Students may carry a packed lunch to school or they may purchase a lunch provided in the school cafeteria for $2.75. If you qualify for reduced lunch the cost is free for this year.
- Milk is available for $.60 per carton.
- Students may pay for their lunch at time of purchase or put money in their individual lunch accounts. Checks should be made payable to "MASD FOOD SERVICE".
- Checks or cash should be placed in an envelope with your child’s first and last name, grade, teacher and the amount of money enclosed printed on the front.
- You can also prepay for school lunches online. Visit www.myschoolbucks.com to create an account.
- If your child is or will be absent from school, please notify the office at 717-691-4581.
- Upon your child’s return to school, please make sure you email [email protected] within three (3) days of their return to school.
- If a written excuse is not received within three (3) days, the absence will be marked unlawful. After five (5) unlawful absences, a doctor's excuse will be required for further absences.
- Excused absences include:
- Family Emergencies
- Pre-arranged doctor visits
- Pre-authorized school activities
- Pre-approved education trips - submitted at least 5 days in advance
- Religious Holidays
- Illness - a doctor’s note will be required for any absence three or more consecutive days
- When students need to leave school for an appointment, a parent must come into the office and sign the student out.
- The child should also be signed in upon return to the school.