Driving to and from School
AM Entry Procedures begin at 7:30 AM Children should arrive no earlier than 7:30 AM as there will be no adult supervision until 7:30 AM.
Any student arriving after 7:45 AM will need to report to the office with a parent or family member and will be considered late.
Parent Drop-Offs--Students dropped off by parents will enter the property by turning into the parking lot in BACK of the school from North Walnut Street.
- Parents are asked to form a single-lane drive-through, drop-off formation.
- Vehicles must remain in a single line of traffic and wait for the car(s) in front to move forward. This is critical for student safety!
- To keep things moving, parents are asked to avoid getting out of the vehicle.
- Students should exit out the right side (passenger side) of the vehicle and walk on the sidewalk to the BACK entrance door.
- Parents who wish to park in the lot and walk students to the door are welcome to do so. Parking is also available along Schoolside Drive or Portland Street. The walking paths are are a nice feature.
Walkers – Students who walk to school with the Main Street crossing guard will continue to walk up the sidewalk in FRONT of the building and enter through the MAIN entrance. Additional walkers may enter through either the MAIN or BACK doors, but must remain on the sidewalk/walking paths at all times.
PM Dismissal Procedures
Student dismissal will begin at 2:20 PM in the following order:
- 2:20 - Buses and Van riders
- 2:22 - Walkers
- 2:24 - Parent Pick-ups and MLC
Parent Pickups—Students picked up by private vehicle will dismiss through the BACK entrance.
- Vehicles should again form a single-lane drive-through, pick-up formation, pulling up as far as possible along the sidewalk.
- Parents who wish to park in the lot and wait on the sidewalk are welcome to do so. Parking is also available along Schoolside Drive or Portland Street. The walking paths will help get you back safely to your cars.
- Parents should be prepared to show identification to school personnel if necessary to confirm.
Walkers—Students who are walkers will dismiss out the MAIN and BACK doors with an assigned walking group, and they are expected to walk directly home unless prior arrangements have been made and office personnel have been notified.